The field of education is broad. From K-12 to Higher Education, those who work in education share a professional interest in supporting the learning of others and promoting education. Careers can include teaching at any level, education administration, library science and curriculum design. There are also endless intersections with education to be explored, like education policy, Nonprofits and NGOs that support education, and educational programs through museums or corporations, to name a few. We encourage you to check out these recommended resources for career exploration, internship and job searches.
Learn & Explore
- What can you do with a degree in education?
- Career paths in instructional and curriculum design
- Career paths in higher education
- Pathways to teaching K-12
- Learn about careers in education, training and library (and visit this page for more about library careers!)
- U.S. Department of Education — A wealth of information for anyone interested in teaching careers.
- What do school psychologists do?
- What is curriculum design?
- What is instructional design?
- Learn about magnet schools
- Learn about charter schools
- Recent news in the world of education
- Boarding schools
- Private education
- Teacher certifications by state
- About various teacher certifications
- MASS.gov – aMAzing Educator – Find information on becoming a teacher in Massachusetts and search for teaching jobs throughout the state.
- Teacher certification degrees — Information on state certification requirements as well as descriptions of career paths and degree options for those interested in teaching.
- Working at Museums
- Job postings in higher education
- Carney, Sandoe & Associates — Educational recruiting firm for those interested in teaching at independent schools.
- ESLemployment — Search for the latest teaching jobs and career opportunities in ESL/EFL.
- National Association of Independent Schools — Find independent school job openings on the online NAIS Career Center.
- SchoolSpring — A free access site to over 21,000 teaching and education related jobs.
- Teach Abroad — Lists teaching programs by GoAbroad.com
- Teach For America — Corps of recent college graduates of all majors and cultural backgrounds who commit two years to teach in under-resourced urban and rural public schools.
- Teachers On Reserve — Places teachers and administrators in private and independent schools in CA.
- Boston Public School Jobs
Graduate Programs and Professional Associations
Graduate Programs Related to Careers in Education
- Graduate programs at Tufts: Including art education, museum education, and school psychology
- Masters of Art in Teaching (MAT) at Tufts
- Museum Studies program at Tufts
Associations for Professional Development