Welcome to the Scientific Research and Applied Science Community!
The physical sciences are the study of inanimate natural objects, including physics, chemistry, astronomy. Whether you are interested in academic research, research in a hospital or laboratory or interested in applying your scientific knowledge to innovations in industry or government, you will find resources below.
- American Astronomical Society — Information and tips for those seeking employment in the astrological sciences.
- American Physical Society — Database providing physics jobs listings.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook — General details pertaining to a physicist/astronomer career from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- PhysLink.com — Online reference guide for physicists and astronomers, including links to Physics and Astronomy departments from colleges around the world.
- PhysicsWorld.com — Events and latest news from the Institute of Physics.
- Science Careers — Resources from the journal Science, including job listings updated daily, salary calculator, employer links and profiles, career fair information, career advice, and more.
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) – Funded research experiences at DOE labs for sophomores through graduating seniors pursuing STEM field careers (Deadline: Early January)
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs) — Competitive summer research programs in the United States for undergraduates studying science, engineering, or mathematics. The programs are sponsored by the National Science Foundation, and are hosted in various universities.