Could you use some advice on how to price your work for the SMFA art sale? Even if you’ve already …
Visual and Performing Arts
This group focuses on the makers and creators. If you are interested in pursuing your practice as an artist, actor, musician, etc., this is the place for you. Use these resources for career research and creative opportunity postings. Learn more about how you can support yourself and grow professionally while pursuing your artistic endeavors.
Art and Design
- New York Foundation for the Arts Jobs — NYFA’s Classifieds section includes a helpful search with a variety of filters for arts-related jobs in NYC.
- Art Frankly — Lists jobs, spaces (e.g., those looking for studio or performance spaces), and opportunities (e.g., calls for artists, auditions, classes, and residencies). You’ll also find useful advice and current news in their Frank Talks and Featured News sections.
- Americans for the Arts — Americans for the Arts is an arts advocacy website with information on grants, non-profit organizations supporting the arts, and more.
- Artist Communities Alliance – Provides an extensive list of national and international residency opportunities for artists.
- HireCulture — A free, searchable database of cultural employment opportunities in Massachusetts.
- Words of Mouth — Weekly newsletter sharing opportunities for professional and creative development across design, the arts, education, information, and the built environment.
- ArtGuide — Lists current events and exhibitions, including galleries, museums, art fairs, auctions, biennials, and special events in more than 800 cities.
- Creative Capital — Lists artist opportunities with upcoming deadlines.
- Call for Entry — Allows artists to search and apply for multiple calls for entry from galleries, commissioning parties, and residencies.
- Coroflot — A site for individuals interested in the design industry. You can post your profile, get career advice, and browse firms that are hiring.
- CreativeHotlist — A service of Communication Arts Magazine, this website provides assistance for finding job opportunities and building portfolios.
- American Association of Community Theatre — A thorough career/ industry information resource for those interested in community theater.
- Playbill.com — Theater events and job listings, as well as information about current theatrical productions.
- StageSource — This Alliance of Theatre Artists and Producers seeks to promote the art of theatre and to increase public visibility and support for theatre through advocacy and professional development.
- OffStageJobs.com — A source for behind-the-scenes jobs in the live entertainment industry. There are positions in directing, set design, stage management, playwriting, and more.
- Backstage.com — Job search resources for actors, voiceover artists, content creators, freelancers, and other creative talent.
Music / Dance/ Fashion
- Music Business Worldwide — News, insight, and analysis platform for the international music industry (plus job listings!)
- DanceArt.com — Job listings (primarily for dance instruction), industry information and contacts for dancers and dance instructors.
- The GRAMMY Awards — In addition to music news and info about the GRAMMYs themselves, the site includes advocacy info for performers, songwriters, and other music professionals.
- Fashion United — Fashion news and job listings, searchable by design & creative, internships, and more.
- Fashion and Lifestyle Industry Professionals Worldwide LinkedIn Group — 125,000 global professionals; join for the purpose of networking, sharing knowledge, seeking career advice & exploring job opportunities.