Many opportunities await you in the field of communications. From understanding consumer behavior and trends to creating an advertising campaign that moves people or writing that article that gets people’s attention. Explore the types of jobs available, hear from experts and get the inside scoop to fast tracking your career in this fast-paced sector.
Advertising / PR
- Advertising Educational Foundation — Panels of experts in the field answer questions on topics such as entry-level positions, job searches, experience, and salaries.
- American Association of Advertising Agencies — The 4A’s is a national trade association representing the advertising agency business in the United States. Offers a bi-monthly industry newsletter and event listings.
- AdvertisingAge — Marketing, advertising and media news, as well as job postings.
- American Advertising Federation — The AAF site includes internship listings and a job bank. Click on “Education,” then “Career Resources.”
- Internships for Undergrads: View internship books for 3,000 organizations with positions in 14 sectors. [UN: TuftsU; PW: GoJumbos, then click on Undergraduate].
- MITX — A community that connects people involved in the digital marketing, media, and internet business community in New England.
- The Ad Club — Internships and scholarships for diverse college students interested in pursuing a career in marketing, advertising, media and communications.
- MediaBistro — This site will give you a round-up of news on the media business, as well as access to job listings (registration is free and it does include some entry level listings) and solid editorial content on topics from pitching stories to interviewing.
- Insights Association — Community of and resources for professionals involved in market research and data analytics.
- American Marketing Association — Daily industry news, job database, events and training listings, AMA membership information, and publications.
- MITX — Learn about and find jobs in New England’s internet marketing and business industry.
- Internships for Undergrads: View internship books for 3,000 organizations with positions in 14 sectors.
- KnowThis.com — Wide variety of information such as legal issues in marketing, job hunting advice, marketing terms, and more.