Incoming First-Years: 3 Things You Should Know About the Tufts Career Center
Hey, new Jumbos! We’re SO excited to welcome you to the Tufts community this fall. To begin, here are answers to 3 common questions about the Tufts Career Center. And at the bottom of the page, please take 1 minute to complete a quick 2-question survey and enter our raffle for a Tufts Bookstore gift card!
How can I learn more about the Career Center?
- Spend 5-10 minutes looking through our website. Check out our “Learn More About …” content such as Exploring Your Interests, Careers & Majors. You can also review our Identity-Based Resources and other career resources that you can filter by categories like career exploration, resumes & cover letters, and internship search.
- Start to get to know our Career Communities. Career Communities are a way to connect with people, information, and resources to explore interests and connect to potential opportunities. As a student, you’ll be able to explore and follow any career communities that align with your interests, goals, and career plans.
How does the Career Center communicate with me throughout the year?
You’ll receive 2 messages from the Career Center every week:
- Career eNews contains your weekly announcements from the Tufts Career Center
- On TRACC (Tufts Recent Activity in Career Communities) is your customizable industry-specific email. Once at Tufts, you’ll receive more info about how to update your On TRACC preferences so that the content you get each week — blog posts, job/internship listings, events & more — best matches your needs and interests.
What is Tufts Handshake?
Handshake is a Tufts platform for connecting students to internships, jobs, and career events. With Handshake, you will have the opportunity to:
- Discover and apply for on-campus jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities, and more
- Make appointments with members of our career advising team
- Get access to career fairs, employer events, interview days, and career-building resources
Looking for more?
This first-year guide to the Career Center features a Top 10 list of resources that all Tufts students should know about.
Complete our quick survey and enter a raffle!
We’d love to know how we can best assist you during your first year at Tufts. Please complete a quick survey and enter our raffle for a Tufts Bookstore gift card.