Incoming First-Years: 3 Things You Should Know About the Tufts Career Center
Hey, new Jumbos! We’re SO excited to welcome you to the Tufts community this fall. We’ll look forward to sharing more info this summer about the many ways we can help you. To begin, here are answers to 3 common questions about the Tufts Career Center. And at the bottom of the page, please take 1 minute to complete a quick 2-question survey and enter our raffle for a Tufts Bookstore gift card!
How can I learn more about the Career Center this summer?
- Spend 10 minutes looking through our website. Check out our “Learn More About …” content such as Exploring Your Interests, Careers & Majors or Writing Resumes & Cover Letters. You can also review our Identity-Based Resources and other career resources that you can filter by categories like career exploration, resumes & cover letters, and internship search.
- Start to get to know our Career Communities. Career Communities are a way to connect with people, information, and resources to explore interests and connect to potential opportunities. As a student, you’ll be able to explore and follow any career communities that align with your interests, goals, and career plans.
How does the Career Center communicate with me throughout the year?
You’ll receive 2 messages from the Career Center every week:
- Career eNews contains your weekly announcements from the Tufts Career Center
- On TRACC (Tufts Recent Activity in Career Communities) is your customizable industry-specific email. Prior to your arrival at Tufts, you’ll receive more info about how to update your On TRACC preferences so that the content you get each week — blog posts, job/internship listings, events & more — best matches your needs and interests.
What is Tufts Handshake?
Handshake is a Tufts platform for connecting students to internships, jobs, and career events. With Handshake, you will have the opportunity to:
- Discover and apply for jobs, internships, on-campus employment, volunteer opportunities, and more
- Make appointments with members of our career advising team
- Get access to career fairs, employer events, interview days, and career-building resources
Later this summer, you’ll be uploaded to Handshake and will be able to log in and customize your profile.
Looking for more?
This first-year guide to the Career Center features a Top 10 list of resources that all Tufts students should know about.
Complete our quick survey and enter a raffle!
We’d love to know how we can best assist you during your first year at Tufts. Please complete a quick survey and enter our raffle for a Tufts Bookstore gift card.