Career Quick Tips: Questions to Ask During a Panel Discussion or Networking Event
Attending a Tufts Career Center program such as a panel discussion or networking event? Have you ever wondered … What kinds of questions can I ask panelists or networking volunteers?
Here are a few ideas. We encourage you to look at the attendee list in advance, think about who you’d like to speak with, and jot down your own questions for them.
- Were there any courses, clubs, or other experiences at Tufts that helped you prepare for what you do now?
- What should a student in my position do if I’d like to pursue a path similar to yours?
Position, Organization & Career Field Questions
- What does a typical workday look like for you?
- What do you love about your job? What do you find challenging?
- What kinds of skills and experiences do employers in your line of work look for?
Work-Life and Organizational Culture Questions
- How do you recommend that I get a sense of the organizational culture and priorities for companies or organizations that interest me?
- How does your organization support its employees and/or foster work-life balance?
Thinking Back & Looking Forward Questions
- If you could do anything over again, career-wise, what would that be?
- How do you see your current role fitting in with your overall career trajectory?